Monday, March 18, 2013

Off to RootsTech 2013

   After two months of playing snowbirds in the Arizona desert, we're off to SLC for RootsTech 2013. This will be my first RootsTech conference and I'm anxious to see how it compares to the NGS and FGS meetings I've attended in the past.
   I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in both of the other national conferences I attended. They seem to just recycle the same presenters making the same presentations they've been making for years. Neither conference energized me, though I did pick up a few good research ideas at each of them.
   I'm signed up for two workshops and several geneabloggers events [though for some reason my names wasn't on Thomas MacEntee's list he posted on Facebook today]. I'm looking forward to meeting "Dear Myrtle" and Randy Seaver, both of whose blogs I read every day without fail. Maybe I got dropped for not posting to my blog in six months?
   I was pleased to receive an email this evening asking me to download some specific software for one of my workshops. I already have 3 of the 4 programs on my laptop, but am intrigued by the 4th program. It apparently helps you geocode your photos--music to this geographer's ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment